The founding history of L. Priebs GmbH & Co. KG

1990Construction of the new administration and storage building.
gebauedeheute
1962Construction of the new factory building on Annabergstraße.
1930Manufacturing of leather footwear, including boots for railway workers, safety shoes for miners and other working groups.
filzstiefel
Two-part felt boots, eg for locomotive drivers
1924Paul Priebs dies. Take over by his son Ludwig Priebs.
1908Destruction of the felt factory by a big fire. Temporary solution in the storerooms of the company Still in Annabergstraße. Factory building in the Rekumer Str. 14.
fabrikdamals
Factory of L. Priebs around 1930
1898Marriage of Paul Priebs with Maria Wiesmann, the daughter of Louis Wiesmann. Takeover of the company management of the company Louis Wiesmann Nachf. Paul Priebs. Changeover from manual to machine work, introduction of petrol engine drive. Manufacture of hats for miners.
Um 1890Louis Wiesmann employs specialists from Saxony, including Paul Priebs.
18.11.1797Heinrich Wiesmann acquires the Rekumerstr. 14 in Haltern am See. Manufacture of felt hats and slippers.
filzschuhproduktion
Felt shoe production
Continuation in second and third generation of the Wiesmann family.
Also market sales in Münster and Borken.